Sunday 16 December 2007

For A Reason

by: Jose Carlos Cotto

I grew up an angry little boy, Always full of hate.
Wondering why my father left me?
Why we went our separate ways?
Questions running through my mind,
The most common one was "WHY?"
But now I see the reason,
When I take a look inside...
See all the hardship and the struggles,
That in my life I have endured,
Led me to a path,
That held the "Secret Door."
I opened up this door,
Only to encounter my success.
I know it might sound crazy,
But your absence was for best.
I would not be where I am today,
If father you'd have stayed.
I would not be living in the sunlight,
I'd be dying in the shade.
But see that sun light's helped me blossom,
Into this driven young man,
Who now looks at his life,
And simply understands.
That he should not hold a grudge,
Even though your actions felt like treason.As for the man you "helped" produced,
Learned things HAPPEN FOR A REASON...


Copyright ©2007 Jose Carlos Cotto
www.poetry.com

No comments: